This is a two-hour virtual tasting session delivered via Zoom. I host and deliver all the sessions myself. I use the chocolate to introduce you to some of my favourite makers, including bars from Dormouse, Duffy’s, Firetree, Marou, Menakao, Original Beans, Pump Street and Solkiki. You will also meet other makers and retailers along the way.
You will learn the art of sensorial tasting and take a journey around the fine chocolate globe with a tasting of white, milk, dark and flavoured chocolate from different cacao growing regions. The session includes a Discovery Box including a choice of with-dairy or vegan chocolate tasting set.
Your Cocoa Encounters Discovery Box contains eight different samples of fine chocolate and cocoa beans, sample information cards, a taste experience guide, tasting notes and a set of three Taste, Transparency and Craftsmanship postcards. The tasting packs are available for collection or can be posted out to a UK address.
By the end of the tasting you will be able to:
1. Tell the fine from the fashionable – judge the quality of a chocolate bar using the quality criteria of Taste, Transparency & Craftsmanship.
2. Practice the art of sensorial tasting – use each of the five senses to appreciate the taste experience of fine chocolate.
3. Recognise the origins – identify the growing regions and taste profiles of fine cacao.
4. Impress your friends – show off your knowledge with some fine chocolate facts and figures.
5. Talk like a taster – have the confidence and vocabulary to participate in further tastings
The Discovery Experience can be shared by two people. Alternatively, to give the full experience for both people, I would recommend you add an additional set of samples.
Allergen information: The with-dairy tasting set includes chocolate containing milk. The vegan option contains no dairy ingredients but does contain nuts. Both the with-dairy and vegan sets contain bars that have been made in factories or kitchens that handle nuts, gluten and dairy. Full ingredient lists are provided along with each of the samples but if you would like any further information before ordering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Postage: The cost of postage will also be added at the checkout. You will be given the choice of First Class or 24 hour tracked delivery. The last purchase date for First Class post for this tasting will be 5 working days before the event date.
Gift Vouchers: Cocoa Encounters Discovery Experience gift vouchers can be used to purchase this experience. Select the product page for Gift Vouchers and choose your value. See the postage pricing table for full costs of postage.